* SWEETENED non-alcoholic cider/soda beverage
* BEGAN production in 1972
* SOLD mostly around Kyushu (southern Japan)
* STRONG carbonation
* DRY aftertaste
* GOOD mixer with Shochu/vodka (company website really suggests this)
* 350ml/12oz can serving
* OriginalJDMGuy spotted individual units retailing for JPY 58 per can at a local neighborhood supermarket in the Tokyo suburbs. At today’s exchange rate, that’s about: USD 0.51, CAD 0.69, AUD 0.72, NZD 0.78, EUR 0.47, GBP 0.37. Do you say “good buy” or “goodbye”?
* FACT: The beverage’s producer KONYUSHA Co., Ltd, has no relation to the auto manufacturer Mitsubishi Motors nor its parent company and global business conglomerate Mitsubishi Corporation. Konyusha is actually a small desserts and dairy products maker based in the southern island of Kyushu but, due to a somewhat unclear trademark registration process, this company, along with Mitsubishi Pencil Company (another non-Mitsubishi Corp entity), share and use the red three-diamond logo most often associated with the famous Mitsubishi Corporation. LanEvo/Starion/GTO fans, sorry to disappoint…but, regardless, the “Mitsubishi” drink is still cool, no? If not, then put it in the refrigerator for a while lol smh
* We translated this information from the manufacturer’s website.
* Photos credit: originaljdmguy, Konyusha Co., Ltd, Leung Cho Pan
* For even more details/photos, go here
* SHARE with someone who needs this!
* WHAT kinds of JDM stuff do YOU want to see here? Leave a comment!