* Renowned Japanese die-cast minicar manufacturer Tomica also released 1/64 scale minicars made of 100% chocolate.
* Individual units retailed for JPY 525 at a local Toys-R-Us in the Tokyo suburbs.
* At today’s exchange rate, that’s about USD 4.40, CAD 5.85, AUD 5.90, NZD 6.60, EUR 3.95, GBP 3.10.
* ↑ “Good buy!” or “Goodbye!” ?
While strolling through the local neighborhood pharmacy to get some sundries and whatnot, I spotted these limited-edition “Ottotto”. Ottotto is a long-loved vegetable/consomme-flavored crunchy snack, shaped like dolphins, penguins, squids and other friendly sea creatures. Now, in a collaboration with Tomica, it’s possible (if you’re lucky) that there may be a vehicle-shaped snack inside the box (policecar, helicopter, power shovel, cargo truck, or THIS WRC IMPREZA).
Cost of one box:
* JPY 93
* At today’s exchange rate, that’s about:
* USD 0.73
* CAD 1.09
* AUD 1.10
* EUR 0.71
* GBP 0.54
* SGD 1.11
* MYR 3.29