* Renowned Japanese die-cast minicar manufacturer Tomica released a limited-edition run of 1/64 scale (same size as their standard die-casts) cars made from 100% pure chocolate.
* Available models: Honda S600, Isuzu Giga dump truck, London double-decker bus, Nissan Diesel cement mixer, Nissan Fairlady 240Z, Nissan Fairlady 350Z, Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (Hakosuka), Toyota 2000GT, Toyota Corolla Levin TE71, Toyota Landcruiser, Toyota Prius, Toyota Voxy, Subaru Impreza WRX STi.
* OriginalJDMGuy spotted individual units retailing for JPY 525 at a local Toys-R-Us in the Tokyo suburbs. At today’s exchange rate, that’s about: USD 4.40, CAD 5.85, AUD 5.90, NZD 6.60, EUR 3.95, GBP 3.10. Do you say “Good buy!” or “Goodbye!”?
* SWEETENED non-alcoholic cider/soda beverage
* BEGAN production in 1972
* SOLD mostly around Kyushu (southern Japan)
* STRONG carbonation
* DRY aftertaste
* GOOD mixer with Shochu/vodka (company website really suggests this)
* 350ml/12oz can serving Continue reading →
While strolling through the local neighborhood pharmacy to get some sundries and whatnot, I spotted these limited-edition “Ottotto”. Ottotto is a long-loved vegetable/consomme-flavored crunchy snack, shaped like dolphins, penguins, squids and other friendly sea creatures. Now, in a collaboration with Tomica, it’s possible (if you’re lucky) that there may be a vehicle-shaped snack inside the box (policecar, helicopter, power shovel, cargo truck, or THIS WRC IMPREZA).
Cost of one box:
* JPY 93
* At today’s exchange rate, that’s about:
* USD 0.73
* CAD 1.09
* AUD 1.10
* EUR 0.71
* GBP 0.54
* SGD 1.11
* MYR 3.29