* produced for one year
* only 5,000 built
* base vehicle: Impreza wagon
* unique front end, taillights, and
* chrome bumper accents
* chrome door handles
* chrome mirror housings
* striped upholstery
* because retro/classical style was popular in ’90s Japan
* also sold in Taiwan
* also featured here in our “Good Buy or Goodbye” series!
In the 90s, Burapi (Brad Pitt’s nickname in Japan) was all over TV hawking Edwin blue jeans and the Honda Integra. There were several versions of the Integra commercial, links below. Feverishly high-energy and totally random, he finishes off each ad with tagline of “Integra, Nottegra, HONDA!!” WTF…
* Renowned Japanese die-cast minicar manufacturer Tomica also released 1/64 scale minicars made of 100% chocolate.
* Individual units retailed for JPY 525 at a local Toys-R-Us in the Tokyo suburbs.
* At today’s exchange rate, that’s about USD 4.40, CAD 5.85, AUD 5.90, NZD 6.60, EUR 3.95, GBP 3.10.
* ↑ “Good buy!” or “Goodbye!” ?