In the 90s, Burapi (Brad Pitt’s nickname in Japan) was all over TV hawking Edwin blue jeans and the Honda Integra. There were several versions of the Integra commercial, links below. Feverishly high-energy and totally random, he finishes off each ad with tagline of “Integra, Nottegra, HONDA!!” WTF…
* Author: Shuichi Shigeno (Initial D creator)
* Title: Tonneru wo Nuketara Sky Blue (a.k.a. First Summer in Love)
* Release date: 1992 (Initial D: 1995)
* Number of volumes: Just this one book. (Initial D: forty eight).
* Plot: Girl likes boy. They start dating. Boy aloof and distant. Boy starts part-time job. Meets new girl at work. Likes new girl. Drama, love, and a big car chase: AE86 vs Z32.
* SWEETENED non-alcoholic cider/soda beverage
* BEGAN production in 1972
* SOLD mostly around Kyushu (southern Japan)
* STRONG carbonation
* DRY aftertaste
* GOOD mixer with Shochu/vodka (company website really suggests this)
* 350ml/12oz can serving Continue reading →
Impulse Purchase Alert!! There’s this used bookstore I walk past every morning on the way to work. One day, they had this bulk set just laying on the ground outside in the bargain bin. It was in clean condition and at less than one dollar (USD) per book! I just HAD to get it. If it were you, would YOU have been able to resist the cheapness??
While strolling through the local neighborhood pharmacy to get some sundries and whatnot, I spotted these limited-edition “Ottotto”. Ottotto is a long-loved vegetable/consomme-flavored crunchy snack, shaped like dolphins, penguins, squids and other friendly sea creatures. Now, in a collaboration with Tomica, it’s possible (if you’re lucky) that there may be a vehicle-shaped snack inside the box (policecar, helicopter, power shovel, cargo truck, or THIS WRC IMPREZA).
Cost of one box:
* JPY 93
* At today’s exchange rate, that’s about:
* USD 0.73
* CAD 1.09
* AUD 1.10
* EUR 0.71
* GBP 0.54
* SGD 1.11
* MYR 3.29