Today’s word イチゴ/ICHI-GO is comprised of イチ/ICHI (one) and ゴ/GO (five), and refers to the S15 generation (1999-2002) of the Silvia line. Similarly, previous Silvias and some other popular tuning vehicles also have nicknames based on the numbers in their chassis codes.
Silvia S13 イチサン/ICHI-SAN (one three)
Silvia S14 イチヨン/ICHI-YON (one four)
Skyline R32 サン二/SAN-NI (three two)
Skyline R33… Continue reading →
Today’s word ステッカーチューン, is comprised of ステッカー/SUTEKKAA (sticker) and
チューン/CHUUN (tuning) and means adding decals for decorative purposes, often used for hobby items such as:
パソコン/PASOKON (personal computer)
タックルボックス/TAKKURU BOKKUSU (fishing/tackle box)
クーラーボックス/KOORAH BOKKUSU (cooler box/drink cooler)
In the automotive world, SUTEKKAA is sometimes called バイナル/BAINARU (vinyl) or バイナルグラフィック/BAINARU GURAFIKKU (vinyl graphics) but, in most cases, these BAINARU-related terms are more associated with Continue reading →
Today’s word ドラテク/DORA-TEKU (driving technique) is comprised of the first portions of ドライビング/DORAIBINGU (driving) and テクニック/TEKUNIKKU (technique). Many DORATEKU involve skilled manipulation of the アクセル/AKUSERU (gas pedal), ブレーキ/BUREIKI (brake), クラッチ/KURATCHI (clutch), and ハンドル/HANDORU (steering wheel) among others.
* Author: Shuichi Shigeno (Initial D creator)
* Title: Tonneru wo Nuketara Sky Blue (a.k.a. First Summer in Love)
* Release date: 1992 (Initial D: 1995)
* Number of volumes: Just this one book. (Initial D: forty eight).
* Plot: Girl likes boy. They start dating. Boy aloof and distant. Boy starts part-time job. Meets new girl at work. Likes new girl. Drama, love, and a big car chase: AE86 vs Z32.