* We translated this info from a REAL published advertisement in Japan
* Info/photos credit: jdljapaneseimports @ Yahoo Japan, Leung Cho Pan
* For even more details/photos, the original listing is here
* WHAT cars do YOU want to see here? Leave a comment!
* SHARE with someone who needs this car!
* SR20DET 2.0L turbo 5MT RWD
* NO major modifications
* S13 Silvia front conversion
* FULL aero kit (front/sides/rear)
* BODY excellent
* BNR34 Bayside Blue full repaint
* EVEN door jambs are painted
* BLITZ blow-off valve
* PERFORMANCE air intake
* UPGRADED exhaust
* LOWERED sports suspension
* SLOTTED rotors
* 17INCH 5-star wheels
* GREDDY boost gauge
* JACK points superb condition
* JACK and jill went up a hill Continue reading →
Today’s word イチゴ/ICHI-GO is comprised of イチ/ICHI (one) and ゴ/GO (five), and refers to the S15 generation (1999-2002) of the Silvia line. Similarly, previous Silvias and some other popular tuning vehicles also have nicknames based on the numbers in their chassis codes.
Silvia S13 イチサン/ICHI-SAN (one three)
Silvia S14 イチヨン/ICHI-YON (one four)
Skyline R32 サン二/SAN-NI (three two)
Skyline R33… Continue reading →
Today’s word 丸目/MARU-MEH (round headlight) is comprised of the characters 丸/MARU (round) and 目/MEH (eye), often used as a nickname for such cars including the New Age/Bug-Eye Impreza, as well as the early DC2 Integra.
* in Kanji (丸目）
* in Hiragana (まるめ）
* in Katakana （マルメ）
Other related words include:
涙目/NAMIDA-MEH = Tear Eye (e.g. Blobeye Impreza)
鷹目/TAKA-MEH = Hawk Eye (e.g. Hawkeye Impreza)
横目/YOKO-MEH = Side/Long Light (e.g. Kouki DC2 Integra)
4灯/YON-TOH = Four Light (e.g. Zenki DC2 Integra)
6灯/ROKU-TOH = Six Light (e.g. Dangun DC2 Integra)
BTW: the Casablanca Impreza also has some MARU-MEH…they were not popular and are sometimes sold for next to nothing…like this example, which is probably the cheapest “Good Buy or Goodbye” we’ve found so far!