Today’s word ステッカーチューン, is comprised of ステッカー/SUTEKKAA (sticker) and
チューン/CHUUN (tuning) and means adding decals for decorative purposes, often used for hobby items such as:
パソコン/PASOKON (personal computer)
タックルボックス/TAKKURU BOKKUSU (fishing/tackle box)
クーラーボックス/KOORAH BOKKUSU (cooler box/drink cooler)
In the automotive world, SUTEKKAA is sometimes called バイナル/BAINARU (vinyl) or バイナルグラフィック/BAINARU GURAFIKKU (vinyl graphics) but, in most cases, these BAINARU-related terms are more associated with Continue reading →
Today: 溝（mizo: gutter/ditch), 落とし（otoshi: drop). A driving technique made famous by Initial D, in which Takumi drops a tire into a ditch on the side of the road in order to whip his car around a corner faster than otherwise possible. (unfortunately not depicted in photo).
* Author: Shuichi Shigeno (Initial D creator)
* Title: Tonneru wo Nuketara Sky Blue (a.k.a. First Summer in Love)
* Release date: 1992 (Initial D: 1995)
* Number of volumes: Just this one book. (Initial D: forty eight).
* Plot: Girl likes boy. They start dating. Boy aloof and distant. Boy starts part-time job. Meets new girl at work. Likes new girl. Drama, love, and a big car chase: AE86 vs Z32.